Building on the huge popularity of our Cupcake Boot Camp, we are delighted to introduce the Cake Boot Camp!
This class has been designed for complete beginners and cake novices, and is intended to teach you all of the skills you require in order to be able to create an amazing full-size cake.
Our boot camps are extremely hands on, and although help is on hand if required, you get to do all the work!
The boot camp is taught in a comfortable and informal environment in our home kitchen which has been specifically designed and fitted out for teaching our classes.
The boot camp class is deliberately kept small with only three students per class, this ensures personal attention as needed and provides for a spacious and comfortable working environment.
Drinks are on tap and a light lunch is served. All necessary equipment and ingredients are provided, including the apron, so all you need do is show up! What else could one wish for!
To save time our beautiful sponge cakes are baked in advance and are ready and waiting for you when you arrive.
What you can expect to learn on the day:
• A walkthrough of the recipe used to bake the perfect sponge
• A demonstration of how to line a cake tin.
• Tips on baking the perfect sponge cake every time
• Splitting and levelling your cake for an even finish
• How to stack and fill your cake
• How to achieve the perfect crumb coat using butter cream
• Rolling out of sugarpaste to cover your cake
• Getting an ultra-smooth finish on a cake board
• Making and adding decorations to your cake
• Working with paper punches and wafer paper
• Applying trim to your cake and cake drums
• Technique for covering a cake board
You will be emailed a copy of our cake and butter cream recipe at the end of the class.
Classes cost £85, and last from 10:00 until 17:00. Please the list of available classes on the right for online booking and payment..