Master Flower Class - Two Days
Say it with flowers!
Make a big statement with large flowers – a trend that is blossoming in every sense of the word, as popularity lands these grand creations on wedding cakes and cakes marking other celebrations.
With less-is-more trending right now, create your own personal garden of delight atop a cake with these colourful, elegant petals.
What you will be making (with the look of plucked-from-the-garden freshness):
- Roses (the 3 stages of a rose: the bud, semi-open and full rose in bloom)
- Whimsical rose
- Variations of Lavender
- Gypsum/Baby’s Breath
- Filler Flowers and Buds
- 4 petals and buds
- 5 petals and buds
- Professional tricks of working with flower paste
- Colouring and blending of flower paste to achieve lifelike and beautiful vintage colours
- How to select colours to mix together
- Use of wires in flowers
- Use of cutters and veiners to achieve the best results
- Tips and tricks to creating shape and movement of petals to create lifelike flowers
- Making blossoms without using cutters
- How to dry your petals and flowers
- Assembling and taping flowers
- And finally, tips and tricks for positioning and staging your flowers in your cakes
We will provide an uncovered dummy and box for you to take your creations home in and you’ll be served a light lunch and other refreshments.
Bring a pen and paper to make notes on – and your enthusiasm! Be prepared to have some bloomin’ fun!
Classes cost £150, please see links above right for online booking.