Whimsical Rose Class
Want to make roses that bloom on command? Better still, want to create a gorgeous bloom that isn’t just ornamental but a sweet treat for the eyes? You’ve seen these roses atop cakes on social media – created by someone else – but did you ever think you could make them yourself?
We’ll show you how!
You will learn to create this elegant rose, petal by petal, then wire it together and create a small spray adorned with simple foliage and pulled flowers and buds.
You’ll give it colour: We’ll show you how to add delicate hues to your florist paste and the tricks behind working with it. You’ll gain skills using cutters to make petals and leaves and you’ll create pulled flowers and buds without the use of cutters. Finally, you’ll wire it all together to create a beautiful spray that you can showcase on a cake of your choice. What is covered in this class?
- Tips for working with florist paste
- Colouring florist paste
- How to make your own glue
- Working with edible glue and florist paste
- Rolling out florist paste to the right thickness
- Use of polystyrene centres
- Working with wires
- Use of petal cutters
- Use of your tools to provide a more lifelike effect
- Creating a beautiful bud, semi and full rose
- Working with formers
- Various methods for attaching wires to foliage, flowers and buds
- Making pulled flowers and buds
- Understanding florists wires and tapes
- Working with florist tape to achieve a neat finish
- Assembling of your buds, flowers, leave and pulled flowers into a beautiful spray
- Discussion on how to deal with breakages
- Discussion on various methods to fix flowers or spray to your cakes
Classes cost is £65 per person and are fully inclusive of all ingredients, tools and aprons. Refreshments and sandwiches are included. Online booking is available, please see the list of classes available to the right. You may wish to bring a notebook and pen.
This class is suitable for all abilities so no prior experience is required.
Classes runs from 10:00 until approximately 15:00