Sea Side Memories…
Building on the huge popularity of our Cupcake Boot Camp, we are delighted to introduce the Cake Boot Camp!
This class has been designed for complete beginners and cake novices, and is intended to teach you all of the skills you require in order to be able to create an amazing full-size 6” cake.
Our boot camps are extremely hands on, and although help is on hand if required, you get to do all the work!
The class is deliberately kept small with only three students per class, this ensures personal attention as needed and provides for a spacious and comfortable working environment.
Drinks are on tap and a light lunch is served. All necessary equipment and ingredients are provided, including the apron, so all you need do is show up! What else could one wish for!
To save time our beautiful sponge cakes are baked in advance and are ready and waiting for you when you arrive.
What you can expect to learn on the day:
- Splitting and levelling your cake for an even finish
- Tips on stacking and filling to ensure a perfectly flat cake
- Application of buttercream for crumb coating
- Techniques on covering a cake board to achieve an ultra-smooth finish
- Rolling out sugarpaste to cover your cake
- Working with 3d moulds to add decorations
- Use of lustre to enhance your decorations
- How to achieve a marbled effect
- Working with texture
- Applying trim to your cake and cake drums
At the end of the class you will be supplied with the following:
- A walkthrough of the recipe used to bake the perfect sponge
- Tips on baking the perfect sponge cake every time
- You will be emailed a copy of our cake and butter cream recipe at the end of the class
Classes cost £85, and last from 10:00 until 17:00. Please the list of available classes on the right for online booking and payment.