Double Barrel Peony Cake
To achieve an elegant and sophisticated cake doesn’t require sugar paste, and in this class we show you how. This is very much a hands-on class, suitable for almost any level of experience.
During the class we’ll show you how to achieve a smooth double-barrelled ganache-covered sharp-edged cake decorated with “gold leaf” effect, topped with a simple yet beautiful and elegant wafer Peony.
- How to make different types of ganache
- Splitting and levelling up to six layers of cake
- Constructing an extra-high double barrel effect
- Preparing your cake for applying the outer layer of ganache
- The secrets to achieving ultra straight sharp edges
- Applying gold-leaf effects
- Working with a template
- Making a wafer paper Peony
- How to give movement to wafer paper for a properly realistic look
· Working with ganache can be messy, please wear “old” clothes (aprons provided)
· This class may not be suitable for those with nut allergies.
Classes cost £95, and last from 10:00 until 15:30. Please the list of available classes on the right for online booking and payment.