The Cupcake Boot Camp workshop is our most popular class and is jammed packed with tips, tricks and techniques. This class is perfect for the beginner who has no experience of making or decorating cupcakes, as well as those struggling to master certain techniques.
In this class we take you back to basics, thus giving you a great foundation to send you on your journey for baking and decorating. It is very hands-on, and you get to do everything; mixing the ingredients, baking, and finally decorating twelve delicious cupcakes to take home.
At the end of the class, you will take home twelve beautiful cupcakes made and decorated by yourself to show off to family and friends, as well as a wealth of new techniques to build on!
Classes cost £125 per person and are fully inclusive of all ingredients, tools and aprons. Refreshments and sandwiches are included. Classes runs from 10:00 until approximately 16:00
This class is intended for beginners - no prior experience is needed. Please be advised that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
Topics covered during this class include:
• Introduction to working with sugarpaste
• How to achieve the perfect colour
• Storage of sugarpaste
• Adjusting sugarpaste to suite your working conditions and environment
• Discussion on ingredients used for making cupcakes
• Weighing and measuring out your mixture
• Baking tips for creating flat cupcakes
• Myths around cupcake cases and why cases peel
• Use of moulds, cutters & veiners and plunge cutters to create decorations
• Making the perfect buttercream
• Piping the perfect swirls & rose swirls
• Application of your decorations
• Working with lustre
• Boxing and storage of cupcakes